Monday, July 27, 2009

DC Day 4: Change of Headquarters

Unfortunately, Rachel and I had terrible timing, and she had to fly home for the 4th of July. I decided to transfer my city headquarters to my good friend Jessica’s apartment, who lived in a slightly different place in the city. The timing worked out that I left Rachel’s in the morning and was due at Jessica’s in the evening, so I had another day to sightsee on my own, only this time I didn’t have a secure place to leave my valuables. I’ve been told multiple times that it is a fact my car will get broken into, so I won’t leave anything super expensive or irreplaceable in the matrix. Without an apartment to leave my laptop and gps system in, I had to pack them around the city. Let me tell you, my trusty macbook pro gets heavy FAST. And my “ergonomic” computer pack is anything but. Factor in a super-hot city day, and you get a painful, sweaty, and exhausted trekker.

That evening, I was able to move the Matrix in front of Jessica’s apartment and accompanied her and her roommate to a medical-school dinner party. I’d say about 90% of the vocabulary they used went straight over my head (Yeah, I’ve got O.B. in the A.M. with G.L.S. and then H.T.Y. later....) (okay, I made that up, but that’s what it sounded like!) Fun none-the-less, and the food was good. Thanks J-Ro!

No comments:

Post a Comment